Two-Week Teaching Trips…
Take the “vacation” of a lifetime!
KMTI and UMTI offer Bible teachers an unparalleled opportunity to impact the lives of hungry men and women in East Africa. You can come for two weeks and teach from our established curriculum or conduct a one to two week seminar in your area of expertise. Here are a few of the topics of interest to students:
- Family and marriage
- Finances (personal and ministry)
- Business (Christian entrepreneurship)
- Bi-vocational ministry (tent making)
- Youth ministry
- Worship leading
- Sex, courtship, and purity
- …and others
Short-term teaching trips are available for qualified men and women. Here’s a great opportunity to get out of the pew and onto the field to put what you’ve learned to good use. In the process, your own life will be changed in ways you could not have imagined. Qualifications for teachers include:
- Pastoral recommendation
- Complete a teacher application
- Phone or in-person interview with Dr. Mike McCarty, Director of IOM
- A college degree is not required
Your Investment in East Africa…
Costs involved in short-term trips are borne by the teachers and support that they raise for their trip. Typical costs are around $3200 and include:
- Air travel and ground transportation
- Meeting expenses (curriculum or seminar materials)
- An optional two-day, photo safari is available for an additional $800 per person. Price includes: twin-engine aircraft, four-star lodging, meals, and guide. (This compares to a $3500 National Geographic type safari.)
- Your mission trip is tax deductible.
Click to download a teacher application form.